- Shipped out from Tokyo within 15 business days 15営業日以内に発送 (送料日本全国一律)
- Learn about Warranty & Returns Learn about Warranty & Returns
- Learn why you should not buy this ご購入の前に必ずこちらをお読みください
- Release Date 発売日 - 2020
- Made in Tokyo Japan 日本産 (東京)
- Meet the team who worked on this product この商品を手掛けたスタッフに会おう
- This skin tone is この肌色は CINNAMON CINNAMON
- The hashtag for this product is この商品のSNSハッシュタグは #smartdollgemini
2021 March update. Sorry to do this, but Gemini is going the way of the Demolition Man until further notice.
We have been working on a reduced schedule in the studio due to covid, which simply means that we end up making less. We have only one set of master molds (Motogata) which means casting one guy body takes about four times more time than the girls.
The girls have what's known as Production Molds (Mashigata), meaning that we have multiple molds of each body part that makes casting more efficient - it still takes ages for each part though. One bust can take 10 mins (or more) to cast as it needs to go through the air chamber to remove air bubbles and a centrifugal spin - but could still end up with air bubbles meaning that it ends up being rejected.
I could make some production molds, but I would rather redesign the body to improve on the issues like the arms (fiddly to get in the socket), neck (looks like it had a karate kid chop) and small....feet.
All these issues have been mentioned on the product detail page as reasons not to buy, yet folks are buying and ending up disappointed with the things I mentioned above. Getting folks to read these days is challenging ;-)
The combined reasons above make it difficult to prioritize our already scarce resources on making guys. Longer working hours will help, but you and I know I'm not going to let that happen. Do you really want to own a doll made by an overworked employee? You know what that doll would do when you are asleep?