Smart Doll - Gemini (Cinnamon)
Smart Doll - Gemini (Cinnamon)
- Free Shipping on orders over 70,000 yen 7万円以上の買い物に世界のどこでもへ送料無料
- Shipped out from Tokyo within 15 business days 15営業日以内に発送 (送料日本全国一律)
- Learn about Shipping & Warranty 出荷・保証についてはこちら
- Learn why you should not buy this ご購入の前に必ずこちらをお読みください
- Release Date 発売日 - 2020
- Made in Tokyo Japan 日本産 (東京)
- Meet the team who worked on this product この商品を手掛けたスタッフに会おう
- This skin tone is この肌色は CINNAMON CINNAMON
- The hashtag for this product is この商品のSNSハッシュタグは #smartdollgemini
2021 March update. Sorry to do this, but Gemini is going the way of the Demolition Man until further notice.
We have been working on a reduced schedule in the studio due to covid, which simply means that we end up making less. We have only one set of master molds (Motogata) which means casting one guy body takes about four times more time than the girls.
The girls have what's known as Production Molds (Mashigata), meaning that we have multiple molds of each body part that makes casting more efficient - it still takes ages for each part though. One bust can take 10 mins (or more) to cast as it needs to go through the air chamber to remove air bubbles and a centrifugal spin - but could still end up with air bubbles meaning that it ends up being rejected.
I could make some production molds, but I would rather redesign the body to improve on the issues like the arms (fiddly to get in the socket), neck (looks like it had a karate kid chop) and small....feet.
All these issues have been mentioned on the product detail page as reasons not to buy, yet folks are buying and ending up disappointed with the things I mentioned above. Getting folks to read these days is challenging ;-)
The combined reasons above make it difficult to prioritize our already scarce resources on making guys. Longer working hours will help, but you and I know I'm not going to let that happen. Do you really want to own a doll made by an overworked employee? You know what that doll would do when you are asleep?
Please read the following before deciding to buy.
- Smart Doll guys are seasonal meaning that they are not always available - the same applies to guy Option Hand packs. The bad thing about choosing a Smart Doll guy is that if you miss out on getting the hand packs, you are very likely going to have to wait a few moons for them to come out again.
- Smart Doll guys cost a wee bit more than the girls because we only have Master molds. A Master mold is just one set meaning the time taken to do the slush casting takes a long time.
We use Production molds for the girls because we sell a ton of them. We have multiple sets of Production molds which speeds up production and reduces the cost.
- The guy body is Macho bust and arms.
- As with all our vinyl products, expect small air bubbles, stretch marks and birthmarks on the surface of the body. Folks should also expect that the color of each and every part to have slight variations - the whole body is not going to be the exact same color.
- Vinyl is squishy and wobbly - the shins will wobble and the chest will sway back and forth if you shake them - don’t shake a Smart Doll or they will come after you when you are asleep.
- As with all our vinyl products, vinyl is prone to staining. Even stain prevention inner wear may leave stains. The wigs have a chance of leaving a stain on the head. Read up on stains before buying.
- If anything looks oddly shaped then use a hairdryer to heat the part where it may return to its original form. If you see no difference then that’s how it’s supposed to look. Vinyl can get squished during their long flight so you may need to heat up the parts a bit upon arrival.
- The back of the neck looks really odd to be honest - check the photos to see what I mean.
- The arms are a pain to get into the sockets - you need to pinch the shoulder hard and push the shoulder peg into the socket. If your hands don’t have much strength then you should not buy this product.
- Arms may pop out of the socket depending on how its positioned. This only pertains to the guy because the frame was designed for girls.
- Most complains about the guys are the small size of the feet (they can wear our collection of shoes and boots), the shape of the thighs, the shape of the waist, the wobblyness of the chest and shins, the lack of Smart Doll apparel and the difficulty level of getting arms in socket - all great reasons not to buy this product ;-)
- You agree to all the terms in the Mandatory Reading section before making a purchase.
- We have been told that in general BJD owners don't recommend our products - maybe best to take heed.
- I hope I have been able to convince you not to buy this product - so that we will have enough to go around for folks who do want this product ;-)